Hostinger Issue

godweb

Hi, I have transferred two Joomla sites to Hostinger, which I chose to continue using Litespeed Cache.

Unfortunately, the plugin doesn't seem to work well on Hostinger server: when I clear the cache of a single URL, I get this response: "https://www.... - Purge Failed: Return code is 0 0 URLs successfully purged." Is there any compatibility issue?

I contacted Hostinger support, but they replied that they have no experience with Joomla and Litespeed Cache.

Many thanks

godweb

I believe the CDN has its own cache. I have the following settings:

CDN-Hostinger.jpg
In another section, I find the cache manager, which I initially activated to use Litespeed. I am new to Hostinger, and this is what I understood to do from reading the documentation. I don't see an option to turn off the cache now, only to clear it.

Cache-Manager-Hostinger.jpg

serpent_driver

You can use the CDN for proxy usage, but not the CDN cache, because 1 cache (LiteSpeed) plus 1 cache (Hostinger) is not 2 cache! If you use both cache at a time you always serve outdated content because the cache of both is not synchronized and this is the reason why you can't purge the cache at origin host because the purge request goes to the CDN cache at Hostinger and not to the origin host.

godweb

Thank you serpent_driver. I can write to Hostinger again to understand how to turn off the CDN cache.

However, I believe it's important to point out that the error only occurs when I clear the cache of a single URL. When I clear the entire cache, it is indeed cleared; it goes from HIT to MISS, and I have never noticed seeing an outdated site. In light of all this, is your suggestion still valid?

godweb

Hi serpent_driver,

I have spent a lot of time trying to find a solution with Hostinger support, but unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve the issue. Below is the latest response I received from them:

"To address the issue you're experiencing with using CDN for proxy but not for caching, it's important to manage the settings correctly. Unfortunately, the Hostinger panel typically does not provide an option to separate CDN proxy usage from CDN caching directly.

Here's what you can do:

1. Disable caching in Joomla and LiteSpeed: Make sure that all caching features in Joomla and LiteSpeed are turned off. This will help prevent content from being outdated due to unsynchronized caches.
  2. Use CDN settings: Keep the CDN enabled in your Hostinger panel to benefit from the proxy capabilities without engaging the caching features.
This setup should help you use the CDN for improved speed and connectivity without storing outdated cached content. Make sure to test your website after making these changes to ensure everything is functioning as expected."

I really need to resolve this issue. How can I do this without being forced to change hosting providers? Is it possible that there is this incompatibility between the LiteSpeed plugin for Joomla and Hostinger?

Thanks and regards

serpent_driver

Unfortunately, the Hostinger panel typically does not provide an option to separate CDN proxy usage from CDN caching directly.
This is the crucial sentence! If the cache function cannot be deactivated so that you can only use the CDN as a proxy without a cache, then you can no longer use the Hostinger CDN because the CDN cache is the mother of all problems if a page cache is also used on the origin.

Deactivate the Hostinger CDN completely and use the Cloudlare free plan instead, but without the cache function.

Hi serpent_driver,

I have spent a lot of time trying to find a solution with Hostinger support, but unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve the issue. Below is the latest response I received from them:

"To address the issue you're experiencing with using CDN for proxy but not for caching, it's important to manage the settings correctly. Unfortunately, the Hostinger panel typically does not provide an option to separate CDN proxy usage from CDN caching directly.

Here's what you can do:

1. Disable caching in Joomla and LiteSpeed: Make sure that all caching features in Joomla and LiteSpeed are turned off. This will help prevent content from being outdated due to unsynchronized caches.
  2. Use CDN settings: Keep the CDN enabled in your Hostinger panel to benefit from the proxy capabilities without engaging the caching features.
This setup should help you use the CDN for improved speed and connectivity without storing outdated cached content. Make sure to test your website after making these changes to ensure everything is functioning as expected."

I really need to resolve this issue. How can I do this without being forced to change hosting providers? Is it possible that there is this incompatibility between the LiteSpeed plugin for Joomla and Hostinger?

Thanks and regards
I'm confused by this statement. I use Hostinger CDN with my websites today and it works great together with Joomla LS plugin..

It sounds like you're encountering a compatibility issue with the Litespeed Cache plugin on Hostinger. The "Purge Failed" message often indicates a problem with the cache server or configuration. Since Hostinger support mentioned they lack experience with Joomla and Litespeed Cache, you might want to check the plugin settings, ensure your Litespeed server is properly configured, or reach out to the plugin's support for further assistance.