Not Getting Domain Key

I have clicked on request a domain key, also waited for hours but unable to get domain key.
I have tried all possible solutions. Also disabled my firewall. But then also nothing is happening. Please help me by providing domain key as soon as possible.
Screenshot 2023-04-19 130554.jpg
And after clicking on waiting for appoval button it is showing that failed to communicate with QUIC.cloudserver. As shown in the image given below :-
Screenshot 2023-04-19 131134.jpg

Dear

I have checked the response body.
It is different than what WordPress should return in general.
It is probably just some firewall on user's website/server.

You have disabled all firewall or security plugin.
Could you please check your website/server?

All the best

serpent_driver

UPDATE! FIXED!! Someone here pointed out to check if netlogon and sysvol were shared, and I had already thought to check if the folders still existed in the C:\WINDOWS but not check the sharing, started Googling missing shares and found the solution, at the top of this article is steps to modify a registry key. That did it. Thank you all for the help.

The Fix
Your post seems to be off topic?

How I figured out how to get a domain key after much frustration:

First I got into the weeds with adding server config stuff that didn't solve the issue. Then I thought back to all the times I got a domain key without issue and realized: I had ALWAYS started from the production domain. But this time I requested the key from the staging domain instead. EUREKA!

Instead of requesting the domain key from my development subdomain, I switched to the production domain.

When I requested the domain key, I had all of my other plugins turned off, and my Cloudflare proxies were off.

I doubt those last things mattered as I haven't had trouble with this before.

My hunch is it was just because I decided to start from a staging domain rather than the production domain.

No need for modifying Litespeed config, whitelisting IP addresses, or any of that stuff. - At least not in my case

serpent_driver

No need for modifying Litespeed config, whitelisting IP addresses, or any of that stuff. - At least not in my case
It is always necessary to whitelist quic.cloud IPs if there is any function that checks the access of a host by IP adresses. In your case you did a big failure because of misunderstanding how to setup the correct settings, so your "solution" isn't a real solution that can help others.

>>It is always necessary to whitelist quic.cloud IPs if there is any function that checks the access of a host by IP adresses.
I don't recall explicitly whitelisting quic.cloud. Yet, it's working for me. So unless quic.cloud whitelisted itself behind the scenes, I'm not sure I'm seeing the problem.

>>In your case you did a big failure because of misunderstanding how to setup the correct settings, so your "solution" isn't a real solution that can help others.
Helped me. Quic cloud seems to be working just fine. So, I disagree.

serpent_driver

I don't recall explicitly whitelisting quic.cloud. Yet, it's working for me. So unless quic.cloud whitelisted itself behind the scenes, I'm not sure I'm seeing the problem.
A problem can only exist if you use whatever function to limit the access by checking the IP address or to a specific source. The function to limit the access is often provided by hosting providers, so it is always recommended to check if IPs are whitelisted if any errors occures to receive the domain key.

Helped me. Quic cloud seems to be working just fine. So, I disagree.
If you use www.a.example.com for production domain and www.b.example.com for staging domain then you can't expect that the key is a universal domain key, so you caused the issue by yourself by misunderstanding. A key implies that it is unique for each domain.

Last edited:
>>A problem can only exist if you use whatever function to limit the access by checking the IP address or to a specific source. The function to limit the access is often provided by hosting providers, so it is always recommended to check if IPs are whitelisted if any errors occures to receive the domain key.

I just use quic.cloud for compressing images and converting them to webp. It works AOK on staging and production. If I run into any troubles in the future, I'll look into whitelisting - thanks.

>>If you use www.a.example.com for production domain and www.b.example.com for staging domain then you can't expect that the key is a universal domain key, so you caused the issue by yourself by misunderstanding. A key implies that it is unique for each domain.[/QUOTE]

I make lots of mistakes - I even started by pointing out that I made a mistake. That's not the issue for me. What is is being able to use quic.cloud for my purpose - compressing and optimizing images. It does this, and I can see that it does so in my media library. So, as I said before - for my purposes, whitelisting was not required. Other cases may differ.

But, I do like to use best practices - and you seem pretty concerned about whitelisting. In that case, how would you suggest I do it? I have runcloud.io and the 8G firewall from Perishable press - there's an area for IP whitelisting in Runcloud. But then I also have access to the litespeed config file. Which places would you suggest I do it?

Thanks.

serpent_driver