Admin panel and sites slow, load low

Hello,

Got LS configured yesterday on CentOS 5 cpanel dedicated with apache 2.2. It was running fine but then crashed due to the access_log size. I deleted the access_log, restarted lsws and it started up without any errors. However, everything is incredibly slow. Takes a long time to get from one part of the LS control panel to another and sites are not loading/timing out.

Load is in the 2's, so that's not a problem. I read in another thread that it could be due to a ddos, although the amount of connections to the box is around 700 as per netstat and the mrtgs do not show any unusual traffic. Will still check that out.

We do have Suexec enabled and I have the connections set at 100. PHP Children and MaxConn are both set at 150. I'm not sure if these values are too high but the server has a few busy sites on it.

My question is, is the 'waitq' that was mentioned on this forum referring to the i/o wait numbers? or is this something else? I checked the live stats and did not see anything saying "waitq". Finally, what are we doing wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to note that the traffic went down from around 40megs to 2, but that's probably attributed to the fact that ls crashed due to log size issue. Should we setup a cron to empty out the access_log file since it only ran for maybe 10 hours overnight and crashed.

Thank you for any help

One other bit that I forgot to mention that I saw in the logs is the following:

Code:
[config:server:listener] No listener is available for normal virtual host!
I am not sure how to interpret that.

Just a follow up to this. We got everything working correctly. We also did not know that the default license was for 2 CPUs only and I'd like to thank Wang for providing us with a free 4cpu license.

We ended up turning off KeepAlive as well as Gzip. Tweaking a few other settings, most importantly chopping the log sizes down to 2mb and 1mb respectively.

All sites are running smooth as could be, as well as fast. If the trial goes well, we'll most certainly be buying the 4cpu license.

Thanks again for your help mistwang!