Litespeed on Google Cloud, unable to change webadmin console password

Hi,

I've recently installed the wordpress litespeed from google cloud marketplace.
However, i'm unable to do a few things:
1) I'm trying to install the ssl certificate, i've already mapped the A field on my domain to the ip of the server, the propagation has been done.
But I have the following error: paroisse-oleron.com is inaccessible, please verify!

2) I'm trying to access the litespeed webadmin console using the 7080 port, but I can't find any username of password.
So I tried to use ssh command to change the pwd and I have the following error:
/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/admpass.sh: 59: cannot create /usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/../conf/htpasswd: Permission denied

I read it might be a permissions issues, but I don't know how to change them.

I'm totally stuck right now and I'd really appreciate some help.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
1. you can bypass your DNS by changing your hosts file to map paroisse-oleron.com to the right ip, to see if it works. If it does, then it is your DNS problem. If it doesn't, your server has not setup properly to take that domain yet.

2. you must run as "root".

Hi,
I was able to access the password, thanks a lot.
I was able to setup the ssl certificate (it was a matter of time, thanks for the tip), however, everytime i click on a link on the site, it reverts back to the ip adress ...

That's so weird ...

Edit: nvm, i was able to fix it, I had to rewrite the urls in the db.

2nd edit: I'm unable to access the website, I have a timeout error, but when I used cmd to ping the domain everything works ...

Last edited:

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Good to know that your original issue got resolved.
If you don't mind, please create a new post for different topic (unable to access the website). Usually you can test a static file first see if it also a timeout.