Login page wants to download

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Looks like php script handler has not been set properly, you can try another simple php script. And you need to clear your browser cache as well.

alex

That's really weird, it happens everytime and I've cleared my cache and logged in on several different computers. I am also getting the complaint from a number of other users.
Whenever I put in a valid username and password it tries to download login.php. It started doing this after I switched to the lite speed lsapi

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
It doesn't happen to me in both firefox and ie 6.

Alex, are you using vbulletin's builtin compression? If so, disable it. Having compression on both php and litespeed for php content can cause some browsers to barf from past experience.

alex

This happend after I switched to litespeed lsapi
I just don't seem to be able to figure this out.
Let me try to explain clearly what is going on
2 different boards on the same server
www.disboards.com
www.dreamsboards.com
disboards.com is working fine

on dreamsboards when I attempt to log in to the board or the admin control panel it wants to download index.php
in firefox it asks what I want to do with this file
If I create a new user it logs in the first time but if I log out and try to go in again the same thing happens
It is happening to many people and I have tried it on a few browsers

I have made sure all the litespeed settings match for both boards
I have replaced index.php
I turned on debug logging and did not see anything there

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I debugged the response header with LiveHTTPHeaders under firefox, I got header

Code:
HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Server: LiteSpeed
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:46:34 GMT
Content-Length: 2455
Other headers were missing, like "Content-Type" and "Transfer-Encoding". Maybe you were not using the latest lsphp binary built with the latest LiteSpeed PHP SAPI, you can try the lsphp 4.4.2 binary from our package under lsws/admin/fcgi-bin/admin_php. just make sure other PHP extensions match the PHP version.

Also you can try a older version of LSWS like 2.1.9 if you still have it. I want to make sure it is not a bug introduced in the new LSWS release.

alex

I will try that.. I just wanted to add I made a mistake in my post, it is login.php causing the problem not index.php