LSWS 4.2, chroot and suhosin

innovot

Hello:

am trialling LSWS and have installed it within a chroot. The path to LSWS is /chroot/opt/lsws and the root being /chroot. I attempted to compile PHP using the LSWS method but it complained about missing wget/curl even though I copied them into the chroot.

So, I downloaded PHP 5.4.8 and compiled from source using the --with-litespeed and then copied the resuling sapi/litespeed/php binary to /chroot/opt/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp.

This works okay but I have also compiled the PHP 5.4 Suhosin extension and unsure where to place it ? is there a specific directory under the chroot it needs to be placed; and indeed any further extensions which we may required.

Many thanks.

innovot

Hmmm, interesting if I execute lsphp from the command line one sees
Code:
./lsphp -v
PHP 5.4.8 (litespeed) (built: Nov  9 2012 11:49:07)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
    with Suhosin v0.9.34-dev, Copyright (c) 2007-2012, by SektionEins GmbH
but when I check it using phpinfo() nothing is showing :(

innovot

All running! a good learning process on how PHP handles chroot. Read some articles on net and for new revisions not correct. Will try and find time to write up own experience; once sorted MySQL in chroot as-well. It involved a mount bound from a upstream directory though that is personal preference. Can start to do some testing now :) Thank you.

webizen

good to hear.

for MySQL, if use socket connection (by default /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock), you need to create a hard link (ln not cp) in chroot (ie, /chroot/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock).