LSWS 5 Not Working Well with MediaWiki

ShannonA

I've been having continuing problem with MediaWiki not working with with LSWS 5. Some percentage of the time, the MediaWiki pages just hang forever rather than displaying or loading. Oddly, if you stop the loading, then the browser shows a fully loaded page.

I did some diagnostics on it today, and it seems to work poorly with 5.03 and 5.04, but if I back up to 4.2.23, all works well again.

I even upgraded MediaWiki to its newest version today (1.25.2) to make sure there was nothing on that side.

E.g., http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Main_Page, but we're back at 4.2.23 since LSWS 5 seems nonviable for us at this time.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
We use media-wiki with LSWS 5.0.x for our open.litespeedtech.com and did not see such problem.

Is there error from error log? Can you try to use development tools from browser such as Chrome developer tools to find out where the page were hanging? Sometime it may be caused by unsolved DNS.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I've been having continuing problem with MediaWiki not working with with LSWS 5. Some percentage of the time, the MediaWiki pages just hang forever rather than displaying or loading. Oddly, if you stop the loading, then the browser shows a fully loaded page.
Looks like we need temp root access to trouble shoot what is the root cause of it.