[Resolved] lscgid: execve():/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/search.cgi: No such file or directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh-tech

Migrating to CentOS 7, and currently have a test server set-up with our website on it.

Everything is working except for our Search feature which uses CGI.

Before enabling LiteSpeed, Apache returned a 500 Internal Server Error, and error_log had:
Code:
End of script output before headers: search.cgi
With LiteSpeed enabled, the URL now returns:
Code:
lscgid: execve():/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/search.cgi: No such file or directory
There is nothing in error_log.

Let me know what other information you need to help me troubleshoot.

CentOS 7, CloudLinux and LiteSpeed

bh-tech

Sorry I don't understand what you are saying.

We run the exact some script in the same place on our current server and everything is fine.

bh-tech

The script is from an existing piece of software - not something I wrote myself.

When I open the file, it's encoded in someway so I can't edit it.

bh-tech

Output:
Code:
execve("/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/search.cgi", ["/home/user/public_html/cgi-b"...], [/* 23 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "strace: exec: No such file or di"..., 40strace: exec: No such file or directory
) = 40
exit_group(1)                           = ?
+++ exited with 1 +++

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I do not know what is going on, strace says that file does not exist.
execve("/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/search.cgi", ["/home/user/public_html/cgi-b"...], [/* 23 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
you say you used the real path. you can do a
ls -l /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/search.cgi
before running strace again to make sure.

once you make it run without giving "No such file or directory" error, it will work with the server.

bh-tech

SOLVED

The script was written for a 32bit architecture, but the server only had the 64bit libraries installed. After installing the 32bit libraries the script is now running correctly.

Thanks for your speedy replies mistwang - you led me down the right path to find more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.