Exclude cookies does not seem to be working

serpent_driver

Sorry, I have no more idea why it doesn't work at you page. I have justed tested it again on my test page and it works.

Do you still use Cloudflare?

Found the problem - Homepage was being forced cached in LS dashboard "^/$" because we wanted the homepage cached for logged in users

Is there a way of forcing cache for homepage for logged in user but excluding cache if referred from certain url. Thanks

serpent_driver

Is there a way of forcing cache for homepage for logged in user but excluding cache if referred from certain url.
That should already be the case with the no-cache rule for referrers, but why do you define force caching for homepage? Is there any other cache rule that should prevent caching the homepage?

Last edited:
We set homepage and a few other static pages to force cache as we needed them cached for logged out and logged in users (if we activated the universal cache for logged in users it messed up our course pages that have course timers and progression on them). Hope that makes sense.

So your saying the forced URI setting in LS dashboard does not overwrite the htaccess rule we wrote to not cache referred by websites

serpent_driver

I doubt that makes sense. The feature to force caching assumes that there must be another cache policy preventing caching. You have found a solution by forcing caching, but this solution leads to new problems that can probably no longer be solved because in the end there are only exceptions and the rules for caching can no longer be used in a targeted manner.

I don't know about this course timer function, but to exclude partial areas on a page from caching, there is ESI and ESI should be able to solve the problem with course timer. I therefore recommend you to remove the forced caching. Then the referrer cache rule works in any case. We have to solve any problems with the course timer differently.

So your saying the forced URI setting in LS dashboard does not overwrite the htaccess rule we wrote to not cache referred by websites
Yes, it works and that's why the referrer rule doesn't work either.